The tools and raw materials that are used for making Gaddi blankets are as follows:
• Wool: It is the basic raw material used for weaving a Gaddi blanket.
• Cutter: It is used for chopping off the wool and the first layer sin of the sheep.
• Wool Carding Brush: It is used for cleaning the wool.
• Spinning Wheel: The spinning wheel is used for forming woolen threads.
• Whorl Drop Spindles: It is used for whirling the woolen thread on to it.
• Fly Shuttle: It is used while weaving to pass the woolen threads from one side to
• Pirn: It is used to wind the yarn for weaving.