Tools and raw materials that are used in interstate stone sculpting camp:
• Red Oxide Powder: It is mixed with the water that is used for marking on stone.
• Brushes: Two-inch brush is used for dusting the stone surface, and six number
round brush is used to mark the rough design.
• Hammer: It is used to hit the chisel with sufficient force to shape the stone.
• Chisels: Varieties of chisels like bull point chisel, tooth chisel, flat chisel and
pointed chisel, etc., are used to obtain the required shape.
• Stone Block: Soapstone is the basic material used for sculpture.
• Buffing Machine and Emery Sheet: It is used to smoothen the rough surface.
• Square Ruler: A ruler, which is used to measure and to draw straight lines.
• Marker and Pencil: These are used to mark the outline on the stone.
• Water: It is used to cool the tools after regular use and also used in the
• Power Cutting Machine: It is used for cutting and grinding the stone.
• Drill Machine: It is used to drill a few parts on the stone while carving.