Who are the stakeholders in the immunization process and what key challenges are being experienced with respect to the current design of the card?
• Parents and caregivers.
• Healthcare service providers.
• Surveyors and routine immunization monitoring agencies.
Below are the reasons for re-designing the existing immunization card:
• Fails to explain importance of vaccination as a whole and each immunization in particular to parents. To parents, vaccine names are mere jargon.
• It does not lend itself to speedy input and retrieval of data; while recording immunization details a nurse has to go against her direction of natural flow in writing.
• It does not accommodate cancellations and revision in the ‘date of next visit’ column.