Assignment-2: Packaging in Nature:
• Students individually select anything from nature which inspires, understand and analyze the method of packaging in terms of form, function and arrangement/construction.
• By selecting any small product (handy) in the market (example: wrist watch) one has to apply the packaging technique studied from nature to the selected product in the market.
• During the exercise students also has to study/understand scenario in retail store and carefully observe the behaviour of consumer while buying a product.
It is one of the tough tasks to understand the decision-making processes of buyers, both individually and in groups. It studies characteristics of individual consumers such as demographics and behavioural variables in an attempt to understand people's wants. It also tries to assess influences on the consumer from groups such as family, friends, reference groups, and society in general.
Customer behaviour study is based on consumer buying behaviour, with the customer playing the three distinct roles of user, payer and buyer. Research has shown that consumer behaviour is difficult to predict.
• Based on the study each student has to work on innovative ideas of packaging for the selected product. The idea should emphasise on product – form/colour/display/information to attract the buyer among other products on the shelf. Branding is also part of packaging.
• The assignment is for 1-2 weeks.