First stage of Elements-of-Form pertains to extraction of elements like line, shape, texture to create a unique form/shape in 2 dimensional forms using Gestalt principles and manipulation of characters like radius.
The skills and techniques provided to the students are as follows:
• Practice and training of the visual system (eye) to see and observe things in detail and reproduce and externalize the image through dreaming.
• Through different dreaming tasks students are taught the physical aspects of learning to draw for the purpose of designing.
In this stage students also develop a sense of geometry like:
• Simple geometric forms, seeing the inner geometry of forms, sense of perspective.
• Dreaming of objects, structures, spaces, natural forms and environment and visual analysis of objects.
With the help of 2D drawings, students would work on abstractions, composition and manipulation of elements to create new forms.
• To develop to 2D from the forms by selecting any shapes.
• To develop further into a useful 2D shapes by manipulating and transforming the external shapes.
• To explore more 2D shapes.