Following tools and materials used in Pop-up Design:
• Paper: Type: Color tinted paper, cartridge paper, card paper.
Thickness of the paper: should be between 135 - 220 gms, 35 gsm and 220 gsm
• Paper Cutter: Type: either a standard appear cutter or x-acto blade or paper scalpel.
• Cutting Mat: Standard A3 or A2 size cutting mat (select depending on the size of book or card) is recommended however in case of unavailability of the same, a cardboard from a used book would be adequate.
• Scissors: Conventional paper scissors or scalpel.
• Ruler: Steel ruler is preferable as it can be used to keep the paper in place and also to crease.
• Glue: Preferably use glue that dries quickly (water based glues generally take a longer time to dry).
• Art material.
• And colors and textures of your choice.
• Scoring and Creasing: Use a creasing tool or the tip of an empty refill for the best results.