The needle used for aari work comes in only one size and they are available in local market. Colourful threads are used according to the design and patterns. Other tools and materials used in this work are:
• Scissors used to cut the threads.
• Aari needle used to stitch the design patterns.
• Different types and colours of beads and stones are used to embellish the embroidered design.
• Fabric gum is used to fix the stones on fabric.
• Zari, gold or silver thread is used to stitch the design pattern.
• Various shades of embroidery thread are used to embroider the design.
• Bright check is a two part thread containing of a central core wire, with a coiled wire around it.
• Buillion or purl thread is also a type of wire wound into a tight coil that looks like a strand of gold pearls.