• Jaunsari - local spoken language (dialect).
• Bhotiya - A caste of people in Uttarakhand, and their spoken language (dialect).
• Lepana - A coat or plastering.
• Puja Room - It is a place of worship where idols are placed and worshipping is performed.
• Mandap / Mandir - Stage made of wood is used to place idols of gods.
• Odhani - It is a traditional shawl/stole worn to cover head.
• Geru - Natural clay of red color made into solution by mixing water.
• Chauki - Seat for deities.
• Anthropomorphic figures - Human like figures.
• Mortar - A grinding hole made of stone.
• Kalash - Pot decorated with ritual motifs and flowers.
• Kumaoni -
People of Kumaon division in North-Eastern part of Uttarakhand speak Kumaoni language comprising of Uttarakashi, Rudraprayag, Chamoli, Tehri, Pauri and Dehradun etc. districts Collectively called as Kumaon.
• Garhwali -
Local spoken Language (dialect) in North Western part of Uttarakhand, Comprising of Bageshwar, Pithoragarh, Almora, Nainital, Champawat, and Udhamsingh Nagar etc. districts collectively called as Garhwal.