Tools/ Equipment’s used in Ajarkh block printing are:
• Hand carved wooden blocks of different pattern used to print the design on fabric.
• Printing platform made of layers of sponge sheets and cloth.
• Ball pins to fix the cloth to the printing platform.
• Color trays to hold the color solution.
• Vessel to boil and dye the fabric.
• Water tank to wash the fabric.
Materials used in Ajarkh block printing are:
• Cotton cloth called as latha is the basic material used for printing.
• The colors are made from natural ingredients such as iron rods, jaggery, tamarind seed and turmeric powder.
• The clothes are washed with hardae (process) solution i.e. Myrobalan.