Varieties of tools and raw materials are used for Bell metal making. Easily pliable iron and copper sheets are used as a basic raw material for production of Bell metal. Metal is collected from the nearby industry of the Bhuj area. The sound of bell metal mainly depends on shape and size of body of the bell. Different sizes of metal bells are prepared according to the customer demand.
Below are the tools and raw materials used:
• Iron and Copper Sheets: Sheets are used to make the bell.
• Kirad Tree Wood: Wood is used to make the clapper.
• Brass, Iron, Copper and Zinc Powder: These are used to apply on the bell before heating.
• Cutter (Thekapani): Cutter is used to cut the metal sheet.
• Hammer (Hathodi): Hammer is used to shape the metal sheet into bell.
• Kiln (Bhatti): Kiln is used to heat the bell.
• Raw Cotton (Kapaas) and Mud: These are mixed together and the mixture is covered on the bell before heating.
• Holder (Sansee): It is used to hold the bell and place it in the kiln.