The beautifully crafted neo-gothic building of Central Telegram Office was erected from the designs of 2 master architects - J. Trubshawe and W. Paris. The construction of the building was commenced on 11th of April 1869 by the Government of India and was completed on 1st of December 1872. The total cost of the making of this marvelous structure was approximately 6 Lac Rupees at that time. It was Bombay's General Post Office (G.P.O.) until 1913, when it officially became the Central telegram Office and the G.P.O. was transferred to the existing structure near Victoria Terminus. In recent years, the momentous building underwent a successful restoration to bring it to its former glory. The Central Telegraph Office is located on Veer Nariman Road by the Flora Fountain circle in the Fort, Mumbai.