• It is an indigenous lacturney industry.
• Hale wood is used as:
1. Close- grained.
2. Moderately hard.
3. Ideal for turning.
• Specialty of Chennapatna is a complete set of cooking vessels & kitchen-ware.
• Modern innovations include telephones, planes, engines, trains, trucks etc.
• Balancing doll is a popular specimen.
• The product range has spread its tentacles from traditional toys to producing articles meant for interior decoration, household utility articles, spice box, salt and pepper box, coaster sets, coat hangers, key chains, mobile holders and an extended range of corporate gift items.
• It is done on lathe which is machine or hand operated.
• For turning slender & delicate items, hand lathe is suitable
Process of Lacquering:
Vegetable dyes are used in the colouring process to ensure that the toys and dolls are safe for use by children.
Manufacturing Process - Channapatna Toys: