Manufacturing process involves simple technique which is skillfully done by using natural grass and basic local made tools.
- Moonj and Kaasa - The main raw material is procured in bulk once in year from Mehwa and surrounding areas. October is the best season to buy the raw material.
- Kaccha rang- the artificial raw color powder which is available in local markets is used to color the grass.
- Edible salt is used to add with the dye solution.
List of tools:
- Kainchi - scissors is used to cut the grass.
- Sirahi- A needle with wooden handle is used during basket making process.
- Plastic tub is used to soak the raw materials (Moonj grass).
- Aluminium container used in dyeing process to boil the color solution.
- A wooden stick used to stir the Moonj grass while dyeing.
- Steel measuring-spoon to measure the color powder.