In the process of hand-pressing individual sheets into a mold to the manufacture of paper maker's panels or blanks, which could be sold to traditional makers and were well suited for functions. However, hand-smoothed panels continued to be preferred by Orissa tribal since they were smoother and more solid than the papermaker's panels. Simple hand operated tools are used for making coir toys. Two sizes of scissors are used for different purposes, these toys are made by many family members which may not talk long for one.
Following are the tools and raw materials used for the process of Papier Mache Mask:
• White Flour: It is used to increase the density of the glue.
• Tamarind Seed’s Powder: It is used for making the glue more sticky.
• Water: It is used to mix in container to make the glue.
• Boiling Point: Should reach up to 90°.
• Newspaper: It is a soft material used to bend over the mask.
• Brown Paper Box: It is used to insert in the base of mask to strengthen the mask.
• White Paint: It is used to give a base cote on the mask.
• Acrylic Paint: It is used to paint the mask for long lasting quality.
• Brown Shade: It is used to add in the varnish for a better natural look.
• Brush: It is used to paint the mask.
• Varnish: It is used to give the final cote on the mask and also gives gloss finish.
• Thread: It is used to tie the mask from backside.
• Enamel Paint: It is used to paint the mask.
• Mold: A readymade plaster of Paris mold is used to create a mask.
• POP: Plaster of Paris is used to make a mold.
• Clay: Its used to apply on the object for stiffness.