PoP is the basic raw material used for making idols. All sparkle colors are used to paint and PoP material is purchased from available local markets.
Below are the basic tools and raw materials used for making of PoP Idols:
• Rubber Mold: It is made of Silicone rubber, coir and thermocol. Silicone rubber contains the profile of idol, whereas coir and thermocol is used as supporting material to the mold box.
• Plaster of Paris (PoP): A powder which is mixed with the water to make a paste.
• Tire Tube Strip: To tie the mold tightly.
• Coconut Fiber: To fill in the mold which gives strength to idol (from inside).
• Black Paint: It is used to paint the Idol.
• Copper Color: It is used sprayed to the face or required are.
• Black Color: Kerosene, Varnish and Water color are used to make the black color.
• Gold, Copper, Silver and Bronze Colors: Used to embellish the idol.
• Sand Paper: Sand paper is used sanding the surface.
• Brushes: Different sizes of brushes are used for paint the color.
• Glitters (chakmak): Glitters or chakmak are used to sprinkle on the product and give a sheen look.