The objectives of the scheme are to:
[taken from (http://www.india9.com/i9show/The-Sabala-52386.htm )]
1. Enable self‐development and empowerment of women.
2. Improve their nutrition and health status.
3. Spread awareness among them about health, hygiene, nutrition, Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health (ARSH), family and child care.
4. Upgrade their home‐based skills, life skills and vocational skills.
5. Mainstream out‐of‐school AGs into formal/non formal‐education.
6. Inform and guide them about existing public services, such as PHC, CHC, Post Office, Bank and Police Station etc.