The tools and raw materials that are used for making traditional painting at Madurai are as follows:
• Cloth: It is the base material used for making a painting.
• Paints: Paints are used for enhancing the beauty the painting.
• Paint Brush: Using paint brush the image drawn on the base material is enameled.
• Water: Water is used for cleaning the paintbrush every time while switching one color to the other.
• Waste Cloth: Waste cloth is used for while the excess of the paint on the wall or from the paintbrush.
• Scale: Scale is used for measuring the image to make proportional elements in a painting and also used for measuring the base material on which the painting had to be made.