Tools and raw materials that are used to vanji making:
• Wooden Planks: Made of jackfruit tree is the basic material for boat making.
• Coir Strips and Needle: These are used to join the wooden planks.
• Hand Saw: It is used to cut the wood in to required size and shape.
• Neem Oil: It is used to apply on the plank before heating.
• Fish Oil: It is used to apply on the finished boat for durability.
• Hammer: It is used for nailing and to tighten the coir stitch.
• Hand Driller: It is used to drill a hole on the wooden plank.