Awards and Achievements:
Keeping up with their good work, it is inevitable that Design Directions will win awards and accolades for their fantastic work. Some of their more prestigious awards and such honors are listed below:
Design Directions has won the Business-world Design Brilliance Awards – 5 times in a row:
• Year 2003: Business World & NID Design Excellence Awards
__For Best Indian Designer
• Year 2004: Business World & NID Design Excellence Awards
__ For Best Medical Device
• Year 2005: Business World & NID Design Excellence Awards
__ For Continuous Excellence in Design
• Year 2006: Business World & NID Design Excellence Awards
__ For Best Medical Equipment
• Year 2008: Business World & NID Design Excellence Awards
__ Best Digital Design Award – for Graphical User Interface (GUI) design for software
Other Awards and Achievements:
In 2005 Design Directions became the only design company from India to have won the award instituted by Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) in 2005 in the Best Consumer Product category. The UK Trade and Investment Commission invited Satish Gokhale in 1995, to attend the London Design Festival and interact with leading designers in UK. He was also invited to deliver the keynote address at the International Design Forum, Singapore, October 2005 as well as by HP Innovation Labs and IDSA to join a select group of thought leaders presenting at this year’s Design About - 2005, on ‘Design for The Other Six Billion’, Palo Alto, California, November 2005. He was named as a member of the CII National Council for Innovation, Technology and Design.
• They were awarded three awards at the CII Design Excellence Awards 2011.
• Falguni Gokhale won an award for visual identity for her logo Design for Pune International Centre, 2011.