Street food vendors comprise a large section of street vendors in India, approximately 20 Lakhs. It provides steady income for lakhs of underprivileged people and is one of the biggest diversified industries in India. However, street food vending requires proper knowledge of food safety and proper infrastructure to make it safe for customers. There is no generalised mobility solution for on the move vendors, so they use diverse methods of transport and attachments which may not be safe sometimes. Vendors use unhygienic methods to prepare and serve food often.
Customers often complain about improper management of food and uncleanliness of setup. Also, the advent of the pandemic in the country has impacted the street food industry.
Objective of the Project
• Designing a compact and closed vehicle that can carry food and accessories safely and also deployed without hassle.
• To design an ergonomic vehicle that eliminates physical and postural difficulties while vedning food.
• To design a vehicle that follows safety regulations and carries flamable items safely.
• To design tidy and minimal appearing vehicle, which can be cleaned and maintained easily.
• Designing a vehicle with workspace that follows covid protocols and makes customers feel safe.
• To design a workspace that can prevent contaminants like dust and polutants out of the food.
• To design an equitable vehicle to allow women too practice vending freely and safely.
• A child safe environment and design to provide maximum security to children.
• An effortlessly maneuverable vehicle to allow men and women traverse freely without mush physical effort.
• Design a vending that has enough transparency towards the customers for peace of mind.
Case Study Download:
• Designing a Two-wheeler for Mobile Street Food Vendors......