Jump to navigation
Process for Quadruped Armature:
• First, design your character.
• Make a 1:1 scale model of your character on paper.
• Decide its wireflow. Here I’ll be using a single wire for the head, body and tail and 2 separate wires for the legs.
• Making big volumes using plaster of paris. Here I have not made one for the face, you may also make one for that according to your character design.
• Giving a proper shape to your volume using sandpaper.
• Turning the aluminium wire to make the head. A piece of plaster of paris can also be used to give a proper shape to the head.
• Applying m-seal on the body so that wire can be fixed over it.
• Making the tail.
• Ears made using a thin wire so that they can be easily animated.
• Applied m-seal on the head.
• Applied m-seal on the body to fix the legs.
• U-shaped wire for the legs.
• Tying the legs.
• And here is the final model.