Jump to navigation
Tools that are used to carry out ajrakh block printing:
• Fabric: Cotton cloth is used mostly as the dye sits firm. Silk is also introduced lately.
• Hand-carved Blocks: Wooden blocks are carved with design patterns.
• Color Trays: Color trays are used to dab the block.
• Pins: Fabric is pinned to the printing platform with the help of pins.
• Printing Table: Fabric is spread on the printing table to begin with printing.
• Water Tank: It is used to wash fabric.
• Containers: They are used to steam fabric and dye.
• Natural Dyes: Jaggery, tamarind seeds, and turmeric are some of the natural ingredients that are used.