The growing demand of the Pipili appliqué craft and the recent trends has prompted theArtisans of Pipili to go for product diversification. As a result, the artisans and the master artisans are able to include some new products into the appliqué craft. The artisans are producing new products like Bed cover, Cushion cover, Sofa cover, T.V. cover, Refrigerator cover, Door screen, Round gate, & Flat gate (used on festivals like marriage for decorating the Pandals), etc. The consumers from domestic and external market are also appreciating these products.
• Famous Items
1. Chattri(Traditional Umbrella): Chattri is a traditional umbrella used specially for festivals and religious processions.
2. Alata: It is generally used for the religious purposes for decorating and using as manual fan for the Lord Jagannath and other deities.
3. Troas(Tarasa): It is used during the religious procession of lord Jagannath and other deities.
4. Batua: Batua is a unique Orissa cloth pouch that has usually a semi circular shape with the top being straight.
5. Lamp Shade: The most admired & popular product of the artisans of Pipili is lamp stand.
6. Jhalar: It is another popular item sort of frill, which is used as border to canopies and also independently used as decorative pieces.