Solah Khamba Mosque is one of the largest mosques in India, till date. The mosque is called so for its 16 pillars in the front. This dimensionally vast structure is impressive for its majestic domes and clerestory windows with perforated geometrical screens. Marking the second phase of the wonderful Deccan style, the monument was designed in 1423-24 by Qubli Sultan. Later in AD 1655, Aurangzeb as the Viceroy of the Deccan at Delhi occupied Bidar and named the mosque after his father Shah Jahan suddenly. This was undertaken officially as an announcement of his rule in the newly developed territory. In the inscription, dated AD 1423-24, it is mentioned that the founder of the mosque was Qubli Sultani. The roof is crowned by a majestic dome of fine shape, raised on a high clerestory with windows of.