The following are the tools and raw materials used for Budithi Brassware :
• Brass Sheet: It is used as the primary raw material for the brass product.
• KDF Mixture: Locally called “Thankam”. KDF is a mixture of Kerosene and Flux
used in the welding process. It is used to join the two pieces of the metal sheet.
• Hammer: Different types of hammers are used in the beating process.
• Holder: This tool is used to hold the object while firing.
• Furnace: It is used for the heating process of the product.
• Cutting Tool: It is used to cut the brass sheet in the required shape.
• Turning Machine: The object is polished by using a turning machine.
• Lac: It is a sticky substance used for holding the object firmly while polishing.
• Chisel: It is used in the polishing process and also used in an embossing