Tools and raw materials that are used in contemporary stone sculpture camp:
• Red Oxide: The powder mixed with the water that is used for marking on stone.
• Brushes: Two inches brush is used to dust the stone surface and number 6 round brush is used to mark the rough design.
• Hammer: It is used to hit the chisel with sufficient force to shape the stone.
• Chisels: Varieties of chisels like bull point chisel, tooth chisel, flat chisel and pointed chisel etc., are used to obtain the required shape.
• Stone Block: Soapstone is the basic material for sculpture.
• Buffing Machine and Emery: It is used to smoothen the rough surface.
• L Shaped Square Ruler: A ruler which is used to measure and draw the straight lines.
• Marker and Pencil: It is used to mark the outline on the stone.
• Water: It is used to cool the tools after regular use and used in polishing process.