The raw materials are purchased from Vijayawada and Chennai. The color price starts from Rs. 300 per kg. Some artisan use natural colors, which they make it at home, or purchase it from Vijayawada or Chennai.
• Weaving loom : Traditional weaving loom is used for weaving process.
• Warping wheel : It is used to prepare lengthy warp threads.
• Reeling machine : Is used to make Spools.
• Fly shuttle : Is used to load the spindle while weaving.
• Chakra : A spinning wheel used to make spindle.
• Cotton Thread : Pure cotton threads are used in weaving process.
• Dye colors : used to dye the cotton threads as per requirement
• Boiling : While boiling the raw cotton costic acid and soap powder is used.
• Washing : Sodium, Alum, Costic acid and Dhravakam are used in washing process.
• Dyeing : Hydro sulphite, color and costic acid are used for dyeing.