The tools and raw materials that are used for portrait embroideries are:
• Silk Threads: Silk threads are used for embroidery purpose that gives a beautiful lustre look of the silk.
• Embroidery Needle: Needle is the essential tool that is used for embroidery work on the cloth. Needle is chosen in such a way that suits both the fabric and the thread, and the type of embroidery that is undertaken. The needle that passes easily through the fibers of the fabric and the thread through the eyes of the needle.
• Motorized Sewing Machine: The electrical machine that is used for sewing or stitching with a suitable spool of thread and a needle for embroidery.
• Cotton cloth: The cotton cloth is used for tracing the design on it, which will be embroidered later.
• Ring or Hoop Wooden Frame: Ring wooden frame is suitable for small embroidery projects that the whole of the design on the fabric/cloth fits within the bound of the frames, making sure that the fabric is straight and the area to be worked on is in the center of the ring.
• Scissors:Scissors are used for cutting the fabric and for trimming the threads and cutting the intricate pieces or holes.
• Graphite Transfer Paper / Carbon Paper: Graphite transfer paper or the carbon paper is a type of a paper that has a dark film of carbon on one side. This sheet of paper is used for transferring the sketch onto the cloth.