Jump to navigation
The tools and raw materials that are used for Gangaur idol carving are as follows:
• Teak Wood: The main raw material used for making idol.
• Half-round Chisel: It is called aka Navla in the local language used for carving.
• Semi-round Chisel: It is called aka Batlari in the local language used for carving.
• Flat and half-round File: It is used for giving smooth finishing to the product.
• Sandpaper: Different grades of sandpaper are used for smooth finishing.
• Oil Paints: Vibrant oil-based paints are used for painting Gangaur idols.
• Artificial Jewellery: These are used to decorate Gangaur idols.
• Traditional Fabrics: Gangaur idols are dressed with these attires.
• Hacksaw and Zig Saw Blade: It is called Karoti in the local language used for cutting wood.
• Chisel: Different varieties of Chisel like Flat chisel, Half-round chisel, and Semi-round chisel are used for carving.