Style of Ganjifa cards was set to stories and shloka’s from the epics like the Ramayana, Mahabharata and many more scriptures. In olden days the Ganjifa cards were made using tortoise shells, ivory and brass disc, which was decorated with precious stones and metals. But now at present Ganjifa cards are made only using plain paper, painted using water and fabric colors.
– To cut the unwanted parts of the paper.
– It is the raw material of these cards.
– To obtain the round shape.
• Plane Paper
– Used for painting, available in local market.
– Water and Fabric colors are used to paint the cards.
• Paint Brush
– Different sizes of paintbrushes used in color filling and sketching.
– To stick the papers.