Jump to navigation
Following are the tools and raw materials required to make the Indo Jewish Embroidery.
• Embroidery Frame (slate frames): It is generally used by the Cochin Jews of Mattancherry for embroidery purpose.
• Screws: It is used to fix through the holes for holding firmly on the frames.
• Embroidery Stand: It is used to support the Embroidery frames firmly.
• Fabric Materials: Generally fabric such as organdy, cross stitch and cotton are preferred.
• Sewing Needle: It is used to stitch the edges of the selected material for embroidery.
• Embroidery Needle: It is used for stitching the embroidery threads as per the design.
• Embroidery Thread: Different coloured threads of various colors are preferred in doing this embroidery.
• Sewing Thread: It is used to stitch the ends of the materials to frames for holding it firmly.
• Pencil/ Pen: It is used to draw the design on the fabric.
• Scissors: It is used to cut the extra threads.