The tools and raw materials that are used for Kantha embroidery are as follows:
• Cloth: It is the base material on which Kantha embroidery is done. Light and medium weight fabrics of cotton and silk are best suited for this work. But nowadays it is stitched on other fabrics like Georgette, crepe, and chiffon as well.
• Pen: It is used to illustrate designs over the cloth.
• Needle: It is an important tool for embroidery.
• Thread: It is used for embroidery purposes.
• Scissor: It is used to cut unwanted threads.