The tools and raw materials used for making brass lamps are:
• Master Pattern: It is used to create the required shape for making the mold.
• Lathe Machine: A machine is used to rotate the workpiece axially to perform various operations such as
cutting, sanding, knurling, and drilling, etc.
• Chisels: These are used for engraving the designs on the surface of the object.
• Brass Filing: Obtained during machining of the brass items, used during the recycling of brass.
• Scrap Brass: It is used to make the lamps by recycling them.
• Weighing Scale: It is used to measure the weight of the materials.
• Hacksaw Blade: It is used to cut the small projection on the surface of the casting.
• Bench Vices: It is used to hold the small-sized objects for any further operations on them.
• File: It is used to remove the rough and sharp edges from any surface of an object.
• Cope: The top part of the molding box is known as cope.
• Drag: The bottom part of the molding box is known as drag.
• Molding / Foundry Sand: kind of sand that, when moistened and compressed or oiled or heated, tends to
pack well and hold its shape.
• Crucible: It is a container used to melt the metal for casting.
• Furnace: It is a place where the metal is heated.
• Tongs: These are used to hold hot objects like a crucible.
• Grinding Machine: It is used to scratch the rough surface of any object.
• Rammer: It is used to compress the sand into the molding boxes by hitting.