Jump to navigation
The following are the tools and raw materials used for making the Paper Quilling at Anegundi:
• Quilling Paper: Size and length of the paper determines how the paper quilled looks.
• Needle Tool: It is used to scroll and create rolls with the twisting papers.
• Fine Tip Slotted Tool: Creases in the rolls are generally made with the slotted tool.
• Adhesive (Glue): It is used to apply on the tips of the quilling sheets to stick firmly.
• Tweezers: It is generally used to create eccentric coils and to pull the Centre’s.
• Circle Template: To measure the coil width.
• Scissors: It is used to cut quilt papers in the required size and shape.
• Rings: It is used to be inserted through the holes that can be placed on the ears.
• Pliers: It is used to cut the required length of rods with the pliers.
• Quilt Strips: Different coloured quilt strips of ¼” are used as per the design pattern to be made.
• Measuring Tape: It is used to determine the length and width of the pattern required.
• Pencil: It is used to mark the points on the paper sheet where the patterned paper quilts can be fixed.
• Scale (Ruler): It is used to place the quilt strips in straight lines easier laying of the design quilt papers.
• Ear Wires: It is used as a component that helps in wearing decorative items on the ear.