Jump to navigation
The best raw silk available in the market is preferred for the production of Patola saree weaving.
• Slant Loom: Slant Loom is used to interlace the warp and weft yarns.
• Bamboo Poles (Kamthi): Bamboo poles are used to fasten the warp beam at the further end of the loom.
• Wooden Sword or Beater (Vi): It is use to held the interlaced yarns together near the cloth beam.
• Cloth Beam (tor): The woven fabric rolled on to the beam on the loom.
• Shuttle (Nali): Shuttle is use to insert the weft thread into the loom.
• Yarn Winder (Parita): Yarn winder is use to wind the yarn to the spindle.
• Vessels for Dyeing: Vessels are used to apply the color on the silk yarn.
• Quill like Iron Needles: It is use to adjust the slight shifting yarns and ensure perfect color alignment.