The tools and raw materials that are used for Rangoli are as follows:
• Pise Rice Solution: It is used in preparing rangoli powder.
• Burned Soil: It is used in making the mixture.
• Charcoal: It is added to the sand mixture for texture.
• Wood Sawdust: Sawdust is easier to handle and spread. It even floats on water.
• Coloured Rice: It can be used in the grain form or ground to a fine powder. Even grains are user-friendly due to their nature of easily absorbing food colour.
• Dry Flour: It is used as a decorative material.
• Flower Petals: Rose petals, marigold petals, small purple flowers, finely cut grass, fenugreek leaves, etc. can be used to fill up large designs. Strings of marigold, strings of crossandra (orange-coloured flower from South India), jasmine, etc. also are used to outline the rangolis.