Shilpa Kala Shala is totally dedicated institute to art and sculpture. The institution is armed with the tools, artwork, traditional sketches, ancient books (Shilpa Granthas), manuscripts with the hidden secrets of arts and sculpture. Shilpa Kala Shala established in 1952 and founded and modified by late A.C.H. Acharya. As a child having passion for nature and animals, Acharya developed his life a world of sculpture, art, religion and vision setting world for all who came to him for guidance and development of not alone sculpture but also spirit. Acharya's ancestors were also running Shilpa Kala Shala (gurukula). Sri Acharya translated many books in kannada from secret manuscripts of sculpture. Acharya has got many awards and honored by the great people of the world. Bharatha Ratna M. Visweswaraya was the first visitor of Shilpa Kala Shala. Acharya was guided and inspired by M. Visweswaraya. As the birth place of M. Visweswaraya is near to Devanahalli, Visweswaraya was very close to Acaraya’s father Shilpi Chennakeshavacharya and was visiting Shilpa Kala Shala quit often.
It is also said that the ancestors of Acharya were also sculptors who were invited by the 'Palegars’ (Rulers) of Devanahalli for the construction of fort, temples and sculptures. They were all from Bhadrachalam of Andhra Pradesh. Around forty families of sculptors in 18th century only one family, Acharaya’s family is doing sculpture now.
After the demise of Sri Acharaya, his disciple and son-in-law Mr. K.B. Shankaranaranyan succeeded him and took incharge of Shilpa Kala Shala. With the help of his wife Smt. Shilpi Sarajadevi Acharya, daughter Smt. Gayathri Devi, sons Mr. Muralidhar, Jagannath and Madhusudhan he formed Shilpa Kala Trust and serving as Managing Trustee at present.