Jump to navigation
The tools and raw materials that are used for sitar making are as follows:
• Tun or Rose Wood: It is the basic raw material used for making the instrument Sitar.
• Tumba Gourd: It is used for making the resonant body of the instrument.
• Camel Bone: To tighten the strings camel bone is used.
• Strings: They are the part of the instrument, usually plucked to produce sound from it.
• Chisel: It is Used for carving the wood.
• Handsaw: This is used for cutting the wood according to the requirement.
• Bamboo Stick: They are used as the support in shaping the tumba part.
• Glue: It is the mixture of sawdust and local adhesive used for pasting/assembling all the body parts of Sitar.
• Varnish: It is used for polishing Sitar.
• Nylon Threads: These threads are used for tying the frets on top of dandi.