Tools and raw materials that are used for making terracotta dagga are:
• Goat Hide: It is used for making the head of a tabla.
• Clay Dagga: It is used as a base for the Bayan and Dayan (Tabla).
• String Rope: It is used to tie the head and base of Dagga together on the transitory.
• Castor Oil: It is used to apply on stripped leather for easy friction.
• Buffalo Skin: It is stripped and used to connect the head and bottom of the
• Chisel: Long bladed hand tool with a reduced cutting edge.
• Cutting Plier: It is used to tighten the leather strips
• Pointed Chisel: It is used to pierce a hole on the leather sheet.
• Syahi Masala: It is used to apply in the middle of the sheet as a black circle for the different patterns of tone on the same sheet.