Jump to navigation
The several types of tools and raw materials required for carving are as follows:
• Hammers: It is generally used to give an impact on the stone surfaces.
• Chisels (Flat, Pointed etc.): It is used to remove out the extra stone surface after the drawing is completed.
• Flat Steel Straight Bars: It is used to mark the center part of the mass of stone to be carved.
• Sketch Pen: It is used to draw the outlines of the Idols to be carved.
• Grinding Machine: It is used to cut the mass of stone to the required size and shapes.
• Files: It is used to get the finer detail and smooth surfaces.
• Sandstone: It is used to sharpen the tools for a good carving.
• Mirror: It is used to remove the small stone particles that enters the eyes of the craftsmen during carving.
• Sand Paper: It is used to remove small amount of stone materials from its surface.
• Rock Bar: It is used to move the mass of rock to the positions as per it is required.