The traditional instrument making process is done using different types of manual tools. Jack fruit wood is the raw material used in veena making. Rose wood is used to make the pegs and knobs. Tamarind seed paste is used to join the different parts of instruments. Bees wax is used to fix the pegs and knobs. Lac color is used to color the motifs which are done on the body of veena. Wood dust is used to fill the gaps.
List of Tools:
1. Uli –tool which is used for chiseling. Different types of chisels are used in making process.
2. Holes are made using drilling machine.
3. Hacksaw- It is used to cut the wooden blocks.
4. Types of wood cutting and smoothening tools are used while shaping the body of veena.
5. Measurements are done using right angle and scale.
6. Sand paper is used for smoothening/polishing the surface of veena.