Following are the tools and raw materials required for Warli painting:
• Handmade Paper: It is used as the basic material for Warli painting.
• Steel Plate: Though mainly used as a paint pallet, it also holds pencils,
paintbrushes, and eraser.
• Pencil: It is used to sketch characters and draw the border outline.
• Paintbrush: It is used to highlight the border and paint the Warli tribe on to a
• Eraser: It is used to erase the outline after the painting is completed.
• Acrylic Color: It is used for shading the Warli tribal art by using a brush.
• Table: It is used as a work area, where the artisan sets all the tools and raw
materials required for the painting, for an easy reach and comfortable placing.
• Plastic Scale: It is used while drawing straight borders.