Following are the tools and raw materials used for wood carving:
• An Electrical Motor: This machine comes with a rod to which drilling bits can be attached.
• Drilling Bits: These drilling bits come in varies sizes that help to carve wood. Bigger ones are used to carve roughly and smaller ones are used to give more details.
• Hammer: Helps to blow on a chisel to carve out the wood.
• Plucker: Steel plucker is used to remove any unwanted nails from the wood.
• Chisel: Along chisel with wood/plastic handle to hold, helps in chiseling out the wood. Chisels come in various sizes, small to bigger ones depending on the detailing the artist choses the chisel.
• Pliers: To tighten the drilling bits in drilling machine rod.
• Scale: To measure the length and breadth of wood to cut into blocks to carve.
• Kadham Wood/Soft Wood: It becomes easy to carve with this particular wood and it is available in markets.