Different types of tools are used to engrave big logs of wood into beautiful objects. The wood is procured from Sagara, Subramanya, and Siddhapura of Karnataka. Various types of wood like Sagavalli, Jackfruit are used in carving.
• Chisels: These are used to make minute ornamentation work on the wood idol.
• L shaped Scale or Right-Angle: The scale helps in measuring and scaling.
• Hammer: Hammer benefits in the cutting of the large and excess wood.
• V-Parting Tool: Tool used to carve on the wood to create depth.
• Wood Cutting Machine: It is used to cut the wood and to make the surface smooth.
• Wooden Mallets: Used for beating accompanied by chisel during the carving process.
• Gouge: Tool used to cut the design into hallows and round shapes.
• Sand Paper: Helps in removing the smaller unwanted pieces and makes the surface smooth.