The following are the tools and raw materials used for Zardosi Work:
• Embroidery Hoop: It is used to stretch and hold the cloth in place.
• Embroidery Needle: It is used to push the thread in and out through the cloth.
• Coloured Stones, Beads, and Sequins: These are used to create various patterns and colour combination during the making of Zardosi design.
• Coloured Threads: Threads are used to fill the designs with required colours.
• Fabric: The main piece of cloth on which embroidery is done.
• Carbon Paper: Thin paper coated with carbon or another pigmented substance, used for making a second impression of a document.
• Pen, Pencil: It is used to draw on the fabric.
• Tracing Sheet: It is used to transfer a particular design on to the fabric.
• Fabric Glue: It is used to stick beads and coloured stones on the fabric.