• 1989 -2000
Executive Director of National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad and member of its governing council.
• 1982 - 2000
Head of the VC program.
• As the executive director of NID as well as the head of its Visual Communication program, Vikas
Satwalekar has given to NID years of nurturing and mentoring design education, especially its visual
communications education program.
• Vikas Satwalekar did his post-graduation at NID, followed by a stint at the Basel School, Switzerland.
• Apart from being an inspiring teacher, Vikas Satwalekar has also worked on prestigious exhibition design
projects - Khalsa Heritage Museum; conecpt, design, proposal for the exhibition: 'Bharat Ek Darshan',
'India Exhibit', Commonwealth Institute, London.
• As a graphic designer for corporate identity programs for Mother Dairy, National Dairy Development
Board, four regional identities for channel tara. Creation of logos, channel identity graphics, and signature
films for Bradcast Worldwide Pvt Ltd, Doordarshan Channel identities, DD news, Metro, National Sports,
Regional Doordarshan Channels, Prasar Bharati, and others.
• On 9th February 2007, Prof Vikas Satwalekar was presented with a Grandmaster Commendation on the
occasion of the Icograda Design Week in India Conference, IIT Bombay.
• Currently, he works as a design consultant and resides in Mumbai.