A visual artist is a general term used for any person interested in the visual studies. Such a person may be a painter, a potter, graphic designer, sculptor or a product designer.
This course has been developed for a person interested and self motivated in becoming a visual artist. It aims to help one in imbibing the following qualities of a good designer:
- Training off mind one's mind
- Being observant of surroundings
- Visualization sense
- Dreaming/Imagining things in one's mind
- Thematic brainstorming
- Skill based Concretization of the imagination/idea
- Requires manual labor/practice
- Manual Skills such as sketching, rendering
- Software Skills
- About maintaining the value of the ideas
- Of one's ideas
- Keeping track of one's work, for reference/inspiration
It encourages learning by doing. It encourages analysis and discussions on the work done.
• This course will help you to understand the basic vocabulary of visual perception.
• To gain access to information that is conceptual, technical or aesthetic in nature related to visual design.
• To appreciate theoretical concepts related to visual design by undertaking simple assignments in visual design.
The course is divided into the following three modules:
Elements of Design - 2 Dimensional Design Studies
• Conceptual Components
• Visual Components
• Spatial Representations
Elements of Design - 3 Dimensional Design Studies
• Form – Fundamentals
• Form Analysis
• Form and Structure
Elements of Design – Color Studies
• Visual perception
• Color Terminology
• Color interaction
This is a module on exploring Elements of Design - 3-Dimensional Design Studies.