In this course Visual Ethnography for Designers, you will learn about:
• Ethnography and visual ethnography in specific
• How ethnography is different from other research methods
• How designers can use ethnographic methods in their projects
• How to gather and analyse ethnographic data using visual methods
• Examples and case studies where visual ethnography has been used
• Further reading materials
Why is ethnography important for the practice of design?
Designers work with and for people, responding to their needs. Often they engage in the act of collaborative making. When designing for specific needs a designer is required to understand the cultural context of the user/ community/ customer. Ethnographic methods help in understanding their context.
We hope that by the end of this course, you will be able to use some of the methods mentioned here in your own projects. We are excited to begin!