Jump to navigation
Tools And Raw Materials
Banana stem craft is easily produced as they are made using traditional and locally available resourses, techniques, tools and instruments. The tools used for making products from banana stem are minimal. The frame is the baseof a basket or cushion, which helps in tying the twines to the frame, made of mild steel. The frame is covered with a plastic sheet on the inside for support. Following are the tools and raw materials used for making products from Banana Stem:
• Kathri (Scissors)
• Sooji (Big Needles)
• Frame to make the baskets or cushions
• Different kinds of frames are used for making diffrent kinds of products –
Oval Frame, Cylindrical Frames, Square frames etc.
• Banana fibre – used for bags, lampshades etc
• Banana stem – used for cushions, dustbins, fruit baskets etc.
• Sisal fibre – used to make bags, pencil stands, baskets, table mats etc.
• Kora Grass – used for making twine