Products sold outside Ganesha temples:
Many stores outside the popular Ganesha shrines sell a lot of products related to him like key chains, stickers, idols, photo frames, pendants etc. The images below give a glimpse of some of these shops with the variety of Ganesha merchandise.
1. The shops are crammed with a multitude of religious articles.
2. An array of devotional music CD’s on display which include some related to Siddhi Vinayaka.
3. Brass Ganesha idols on display in one shop along with Goddess Lakshmi
4. Colourful plastic moulded Ganeshas covered in protective plastic film on display in a roadside shop.
5. Paper stickers, photoframes of Ganesha singly and along with Goddess Mahalakshmi on display.
6. The two paper stickers of Ganesha shown below depict him surrounded by abundant wealth in rupee notes and gold coins. These are usually used to adorn walls in a puja room or the shrine space in homes or any place that devotees feel suitable.
7. A paper sticker of Ganesha (approximately 90mm h x 70mm w) in the form of the idol in SiddhiVinayaka temple, Mumbai.
A sticker like this is generally carried in wallets, or placed at a work desk or on a car dashboard, or stuck to windscreens of auto rickshaws, cars, or mirrors. The stickers come in many sizes, colours, designs and formats. Items like stickers, key chains, lockets, fingerings carrying the images of Ganesha are carried on a person’s body. These are examples of mobile shrines; Rings and lockets give a person, the user a feeling of security, a feeling of being protected by God always as his image is constantly present on the person’s body.
8. A decorative photo frame in metal approximately 35mm in height, coloured in green and red enamel paint carries the image of Ganesha in the form of the idol in SiddhiVinayak temple, Mumbai.